Emergency!

by Megan on October 10, 2010

in Family Life

Ten minutes after arriving home from her choir concert, my 10yo decided to test drive my rotary cutter while I was taking the dog out for a few minutes.

In case you don't know, a rotary cutter looks like a pizza cutter with a razor blade for the wheel.

She cut off the top of her finger. We met the local EMS team and then took a field trip to St. John's Mercy Hospital.

Good times, good times.

Rob October 10, 2010 at 12:48 pm

WOW. That looks bad but she is a trooper and isn’t crying or anything. I couldn’t even watch it because I was getting grossed out. I am a wuss. LOL. Hope she is feeling better.

Lindsey Lohr Cox October 10, 2010 at 1:41 pm

What a brave gal….and I say that about YOU. I”d faint. My daughter once took a huge chunk out of her forehead that required PLASTIC SURGERY and I fainted :)

Paula October 10, 2010 at 1:56 pm

I can’t watch the video at the moment, we’re watching 24. Glad she’s going to be ok!

melissa October 10, 2010 at 2:03 pm

Oh my! That’s horrible (I also fast forwarded the video…). At least the ER looked like it was quiet. :)

aubrey October 10, 2010 at 2:09 pm

What I love about this is that you actually brought a video camera. That is awesome. I’m glad she’s doing ok now. I know that must have been scary. And I actually learned something – I never heard of that bleeding stopper stuff.

Virginia from Lady V dZine October 10, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Ouch! So sorry!

Betsy October 10, 2010 at 3:30 pm

Yikes! and Ouch! I am impressed with her calm demeanor!!! What a trooper!

Blommi October 10, 2010 at 4:48 pm

Interesting “field trip”. I’m glad she took it so well.
For the next week or so she can pretty much give anyone “the finger” and not get in trouble…lol

Megan October 10, 2010 at 5:54 pm

I KNOW! I had to actually explain that to her last night after the ER doc and I laughed about that and she didn’t have a clue what I was talking about!

Rhea October 10, 2010 at 6:42 pm

OMGOSH! I’m so glad she’s ok. that looks terrible. Those rotary scissors are awful, I have a pair and I’m always worried about cutting my own finger off!

Sistergirl October 10, 2010 at 7:31 pm

Oh my, I’m glad she is well. That had to be very scary. I thank God for his protection of your family. I am going to move my pizza cutter right now.

marcie.eubanks@gmail.com October 10, 2010 at 8:03 pm

Poor C10! Poor Momma. We will be praying for her recovery.

valmg @ Mom Knows It All October 10, 2010 at 8:15 pm

Hope she heals quickly. It looks like she isn’t in much pain, so that’d be a good thing.
Love the way you edited in the music, by the way.

Lindi October 10, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Poor Chloe!!!! Tell her I said hi and that I am thinking about her and her poor finger. It is a good reminder for us all who like to play with random things around the house that might hurt you :)

Tricia @Nightowlmama October 10, 2010 at 10:30 pm

OUch!! Glad to see and hear she’s ok

Not So Average Mama October 10, 2010 at 11:26 pm

She’s so tough! :)

Tammy October 11, 2010 at 6:39 am

OMG! I would have completely freaked.

Megan October 11, 2010 at 7:12 am

You know, she is pretty amazing. But she did cry like crazy when it happened. I didn’t start filming until we’d already been at the ER for a WHILE – she’d already been seen by the doctor and we were just waiting around. Seemed like a good way to pass the time.
But it has been hurting more now. It hurt a LOT yesterday and I have a feeling today it is going to be bad too. So if you pray, we’d love it if you would include her today.
Thanks!

Kaira October 13, 2010 at 12:08 pm

Wow! Your poor girl and her sad little finger. She’s a brave one – I’d have kept crying all the way there and probably until I got home. I’m such a baby. Well, I’d have probably bled to death… death by bloody finger… because I’d be afraid they’d use a needle somehow.

Amy D. November 29, 2010 at 11:35 am

Poor kid! My kids have had to learn the lesson a few times for themselves. Fingernail clippers, rotary cutters, knives, scissors… Life would be less painful if they listened to mom. She has quite the bandage of honor!

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post: