Earlier today I mentioned somewhere online that I had some big news but no time to share it. Now I have some time. And I still have some news. Some big news. You ready for it?
We. Sold. Our. House.
Okay, so we didn't exactly sell our house, I'm pretty sure it was God who sold our house because we never even listed it on the market and aren't having to use a realtor. Has anyone taken a peek at the housing market lately? Known anyone who has had a house on the market for months or even years? Yep, that's pretty much what I was gearing up for here once we decided to make the move to Oklahoma. I never in a zillion years dreamed that it would happen this fast.
So, let's recap:
- November 2010 – I get this weird feeling that something major is going to change for us and that we'll know something about it by February of 2011.
- December 2010 – *crickets*
- January 2011 – Craig begins fasting for the 40 days leading up to his 40th birthday to pray for and prepare for what God might have in store for the next 40 years should He so grant them.
- February 4, 2011 – Craig gets an email asking him to consider applying for a new job.
- February 17, 2011 – Craig and I fly to Oklahoma City for weekend of interviews (for him…weekend of HGTV for me.)
- First week of March, 2011 – Official invitation to accept the new position is given.
- Second week of March, 2011 – Official acceptance of said position is made.
- Fourth week of March, 2011 – We go house hunting in Oklahoma City and fail miserably the first day, but discover Closet Heaven on the second.
- End of March, 2011 – Beginning conversations with our neighbors about possibly buying our house to use as a rental turn into serious conversations.
- Middle of April, 2011 (today) – We sign paperwork with said neighbors to sell our house.
Yowza, that's crazy fast. All this time, as everything has continued to speed along the way it has I've felt somewhat like Gideon who had all these signs from God and yet…can I have another please? And more have been given.
We are in the process of beginning paperwork to purchase Closet Heaven and if things continue the way they have been, all the turnovers will happen the first week of June.
This house is pretty amazing and I've had a hard time not mentally moving into it already. Here are a few reasons why:
1) This awesome bonus room:
If you've been with us for very long on our journey, you might remember that we have yet to live in one housing structure for longer than three years. Ever. I'm really really REALLY hoping to break that streak with this next move. I'm really really REALLY tired of packing and schlepping.
For each of our moves, I've considered it a success if I could catch our family up to the previous house in the family scrapbook before we moved again. I never managed to do that this last time. Our family scrapbook still thinks we live in the seminary apartment. But I'm thinking it may be time to finally make the switch to digital scrapbooking anyway. I'm hoping the free photo books I'm going to get from Shutterfly for telling you all about our big news will help.
Anyway, there you have it – our big news. And possibly the sweetest thing of all? That I don't have to stress about keeping a show-worthy house while in the midst of finishing up homeschooling AND packing. That is indeed a blessing.
Are you a blogger, too? Click here to register for a chance at 50 free announcements! This post is part of a series sponsored by Shutterfly. I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do.