No Place Like Holmes by Jason Lethcoe
In this book, Christian values are presented as part of a fun, action packed mystery. I was told this book is perfect for boys ages 9-12, but I say, "HEY!" My girls are interested too. I gave this one to my 10 year old daughter and haven't seen it since. Good mystery book readers can be either boys or girls!
Wanna see a preview of the book? There's a flipbook sample available for you to look at here.
There's also a video trailer you can watch right here:
Sound like something your tween might want to read? You can enter to win a copy right now. Here's how:
- Leave a comment on this post. Let us know the biggest mystery YOUR children would like to solve. (My biggest mystery is why do we have all of these goofy green socks showing up in random places like the REFRIDGERATOR???)
- For another entry, follow @TommyNelson on Twitter and send out this tweet: Need a great new book for your tween? Win a copy of No Place Like Holmes via @TommyNelson & @MeganDunham here: http://bit.ly/iJ9Q8Y – Come back and leave an extra comment letting me know you did that.
- For yet another chance, "like" TommyNelson on Facebook AND click the Facebook "like" button at the bottom of this post. Leave another comment letting me know you did that too!
- Still want more entries? Subscribe to this blog, Half-Pint House Handouts or follow via Google Friend Connect in the right sidebar. Come back and let me know that you did it! You only have to do this once. If you've done it before for another giveaway, just leave a comment saying you already have that taken care of.
- Go back to my landing page for this month's giveaways and reviews. Choose one of my "review only" posts to leave a comment on and then come back saying you did that. Presto! One more entry!
Open to US Residents only (so if you live outside of the US, make sure you have a buddy who lives here the prize can be mailed to!) The winner will be selected by Random.org. This contest will close on June 10. The winner will be notified that weekend and will need to respond within 48 hours or risk forfeiting the prize to the next in line. Be sure you've put a valid email address in the email form when you leave your comment. If I can't contact you, I will choose another winner. It's happened before.
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this book for the purpose of review. I don't have time to read the entire book before posting it and didn't want to keep you from hearing about it, so I'm telling you about it on the front end. I keep a proper disclosure statement available here.